this is so good.
It’s just too simple, and yet, makes for the perfect breakfast or offhand afternoon snack. The beauty of this simple dish lies primarily in the amateur grilling process. Also, in the balsamic reduction, cooked, moist cherry tomatoes and creamy (in this case, slightly overripe) avocados. Now then.
Ingredients (for 1 grill freak):
- half an avocado
- 2 slices rustic bread or if you’re feeling particularly un-artisan, some day-old white bloomer slices
- quarter cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1-2 tablespoons balsamic reduction (store-bought is fine)
- half a clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra for the tomatoes
- coarse sea salt (I used Maldon)
Preheat a grill pan on high heat. Take your slices of bread and drizzle both sides with the olive oil. Place on hot pan and press down occasionally, waiting 2-3 minutes, for grill marks to show up, those gorgeous kiss lines, then flip to do the same on…
View original post 117 more words